Sunday, 24 August 2014

Reasons for blogging part one : with a special guest.

It's been so long (2 months) since I last blogged that I almost forgot how to do it.
But that doesn't matter because a visit from Australian blogger extraordinaire
Leisa of Vintage Bird Girl has inspired me to post.
 
I had to crop myself out of the picture because I am extremely vain and it wasn't a good photo of me!
It's lucky that Leisa's and my tastes are so similar -
her scarf is the same as a piece of fabric I have in a different colourway. 
  We had brunch and a long chat at Modaks Espresso and she gave me some wonderful gifts:
Some groovy fabric which I'm going to make into a skirt,
and some beautiful jewellery, a postcard and a rose dish.

Here are some clothes I've bought lately, most of them vintage:
 
A 1970s (?) nylon knit top which has lots of small holes
which you can't really see but will bug me until I patch them.
I'm going to make a mash-up with sleeves from another brown and yellow top I bought for parts.

A divine blue and white sundress 

A paisley nightshirt.

I love this sort of almost geometric pattern.

Faux-patchwork for summer if it ever gets here.
A psychedelic flying-saucer dress, not terribly vintage but I like it.

Another shirt-dress, from the Vintage Roundup fair, with a spot and iris print.
Here's a close-up of the leaves and berries:

 
The print on this one is heavenly.
Yes, I know, I wear a lot of purple and blue (see the name of this blog!)

This dress has a glorious ruffle around the collar.
I think these flowers are tulips (any gardeners out there agree?)
 
Reasons for not blogging:
I just haven't felt that motivated lately.
I have taken on a volunteer role in my spare time, and the restructuring at work is dragging on, so it all takes its toll.
It's not that I don't enjoy blogging, but other stuff gets in the way.
Anyhoo, I've got a large backlog of photos, so you never know when my next post will be.
Violet
XXX
 

10 comments:

  1. I've missed you I.V. It's lovely that Leisa's inspired you to write a post, especially considering the lovely fabric she brought you, I can't wait to see you wearing the skirt you make. Ooooh it sounds like there's a Franken-Top in the making with that gorgeous top that you're going to refashion! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you posting! It was a treat to meet you, one of my favourite kiwi bloggers & someone I consider a friend. Your collections inspire me. Loving your frockage....especially that blue sundress, I would be in matchy matchy heaven with that one, & the pretty shirt dress. I hope we get to chat in the flesh again....hopefully next year, unless you ever make it over to hot old Brissy!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back! How lovely to meet up with Leisa, getting together with blogger friends is certainly inspiring and good for blogging motivation!
    You've been finding all sorts of great clothes, love that 70s top and all the bright, bold prints. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody hell, you've been scoring big!
    YAYS to good times with Leisa! It's MY turn soon!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there was a bloglovin boo boo an this is my second comment. Yay, welcome back and how lovely to be inspired by VBG :-) I love love love the fabric and am looking forward to seeing how it makes up. I am very impressed with your dress purchases - all of them are lovely. Blogging is hard work and I have also got out of practice. Sorry hear / read that the restructuring is still not resolved but glad you have a volunteer job to help take your mind off things. Winter is very hard I think for blogging in Dunedin as the light and the weather are not suited to outdoor photos. Well thats my excuse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I popped over to see your cushions and got to see lovely Leisa instead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, another print lover I see. One can never have too much color and print action in fabric is my motto. Nor blogger meet-ups either, that is have to many of them. All good for the soul. Thanks for stopping by Project Minima and looking forward to seeing those tablecloths of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it so great to meet other lovely blog friends - VBG is a sweetheart, I hope I get to meet her in person sometime soon :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!