Friday, 28 February 2014

A lucky day indeed

I know, in my last post I said I would be concentrating on unfashioning.
But if you know me, you'll know that I change my mind all the time.
Today I took the day off work (thanks boss, if you're reading this).
And I couldn't resist hitting four op-shops, despite several torrential downpours.
Left to right, top to bottom:
1940s? painted wooden spill holder
1970s yellow enamelled mini milk pail
1950s ceramic plant pot
amazing blue and green hand-potted vase (it had only been put out half an hour before)
striped cotton sheet (like the ones I had as a child)
Belleek plate (which matches 3 other pieces I have)
Red and turquoise dress
3 half slips (to use as skirt linings)
brown and orange blouse
all in a tan vinyl suitcase.
 
I nearly forgot - and this tiny little pot with Japanese ladies:
 
 
The most expensive item was the suitcase, at $15.
I had to make a second trip to the shop as I forgot it first time around.
The polyester dress is a size 14 and is too small for me, so let me know if you are interested in a giveaway.
 
Violet
XXX
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What cool finds, love all the ceramics. And that candy striped bed sheet takes me right back to my childhood too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the candy stripes, and this is a double in good condition!

      Delete
  2. Oh Gosh where did my comment just go??? As I was saying....great finds! The op shopping around here has been crapola lately. Barely a skerrick to be seen. May I ask what is a spill holder? Of course we gals would be interested in a giveaway frock! Do you have to ask?? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A spill is a rolled up bit of paper used to light fires, back in the day when matches were expensive.
      I must say, I had you in mind when I bought the frock! Perhaps you could pick it up when you are in Dunedin? Or I could post it if you can't wait :-)

      Delete

Don't be shy!