Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2013 - the good, the bad, and the fugly.

It's a brand new year, so it's traditional to look back at the highlights and lowlights of the last one.
The good:
I've met some wonderful people through blogging, including (in real life) the superb Penny-Rose:
                                                                                       
The sublime Helga von Trollop: 
 
the gorgeous Girl from the Naki: 
 
and the tremendous Two Squirrels:


The Bad:
I've been struggling with some minor health issues, including a painful skin condition and IBS.
I've been making some clothes, and have made several unwearable garments, but am learning from my mistakes.

The Fugly:
My job is being evaluated, and my workplace is being restructured, and it has been dragging on for several years. The irony is that by the middle of next year my job will have been evaluated, but in a separate process it may not exist in that form. It's hard not knowing what I will be doing in six months.

Apart from all that, one of the things I have most enjoyed last year was visiting op shops, finding joy in the things that other people throw out, and recycling them.
And I have very much appreciated your comments on my blog.

Violet
XXX

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you getting to meet so many of my favourite bloggers. Here's hoping maybe we'll get to meet in 2014 too! I always look forward to your blog posts. We've just booked our accommodation in Queenstown, even though August is a long way off yet. So sorry you've had health issues, & the uncertainty around your job must be unsettling. Here's hoping 2014 is a year of good health & happiness for us all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am delighted to be part of the good - and amongst such lovely bloggers. Restructuring is awful under the best of circumstances, but when unwell, I imagine it is very stressful. Lets meet up again soon and share treasure stories and adventures. Hope that 2014 is happy and healthy, and there are more op shopping successes, and sewing projects too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting up with fellow bloggers is always a joy, they never disappoint! And lucky you, Penny- Rose, Helga and Trees are three of my favourite ladies!
    Sorry to hear about your health woes and the dreaded job restructuring and insecurity. Keep us posted, and carry on enjoying your fossicking!
    Happy new year to you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and lucky you have met some wonderful Ladies!

    Hugs

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was lovely to meet you last year! I hope that our paths will cross again in the not too distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool to have met so many bloggers in real life! Making unwearable garments is a sub-specialty, I do believe and I'm also a part-time member of that society. And tell me about jobs. yuck. I've already lost all but one of my part-time consulting work due to "re-structuring." My true love had his hours cut last year to part-time thereby eliminating our health insurance and there's been a threat of lay-off for this year. Feeling unwell does not help matters. But being creative does, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!