Sunday, 20 October 2013

Ashburton - Operation FOSSIC

Ashburton, after a slow start, yielded up some delights.

The Loxene Golden Disc awards were the NZ Idol of the 1970s.
I just love the design of this LP cover.
I currently don't have anything to spin it on, but never mind.
Here's the flip side:  

This is a striking European bowl.
I don't recognise the maker's mark, but someone might:

 And a classic glass and wire table with atomic feet:


And a beautiful silk brocade bedspread.
 
A dotty chiffon dress, a bit small for me.
It might fit a certain niece, although I'm sure she'd want (her Mum) to shorten it.

A boring but practical cotton sunhat.
My bonce is so big that when I find a hat that fits, I have to buy it.

I'm in love with this early Crown Lynn "Covent Garden British" plate.
They used to put "British" on their mark, because people didn't want to buy NZ made china.
CL felt justified because we Kiwis actually were British subjects before the demise of the Empire.
Since CL's unfortunate demise, most of our china is imported from Asia.
The plate's got some major crazing and staining, but I think it just adds to the character.

The soft blues and greens of these bird curtains are gorgeous.
In real life they are actually much greener.
The print is definitely Bloomsbury inspired.
They will fit well with my blue and cream kitchen. 

And finally a vibrant little flower print.
Coming soon: the final chapter: Geraldine and Temuka.
 
Violet
XXX
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, love that table, and the beautiful bedspread. And that is one groovy LP cover! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that table for my apartment, its really awesome. Also love that art on the record cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, that print is definitely Bloomsbury inspired. That table is quite unique, I've never seen anything quite like it before. Good haul! xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!