Sunday, 1 September 2013

A galaxy of sombreros

When I found this golden sombrero dress in the Salvation Army I was very excited. 
It has a peter pan collar and is a beautiful soft linen type fabric.
Curiously it was unfinished, although not home-made, so I put in a metal zip from my stash and finished the hem.
It's a shift so I'm guessing it's from the 1960s.
Ha ha, not long ago I said I couldn't wear yellow!

I love the greeny-yellow spot print on this skirt as well.

Another recent find was this modern chiffon paisley dress.
I can't walk past a piece of psychedelic paisley, I'm only human.

Ditto with this more muted purple and blue paisley skirt, which has now been taken in.
 
Sorry about the lack of action shots - I find self-portraits really time-consuming.
Now if I could find a paisley sombrero, my mission would be complete.
 
Violet
XXX

17 comments:

  1. By the way, it's my one-year blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year blogging, and I want those sombreros, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay one year........Happy Birthday Indigo Violet
    Oh I love that dress and so pleased it went to a new home.....I saw it in Sallies. Fabulous.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is, they had a blue one as well but it was too small for me!

      Delete
  4. Oh WOW!! I LOVE that dress - what a great find :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your blog!
    Loving that first dress, the fabric is gorgeous, so funny that V saw it too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she would have looked lovely in it!

      Delete
  6. Happy first anniversary! Love that sombrero print, and the circle print skirt. Yellow is a joyful colour! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on completing your first year of blogging! It's almost like the skirt has an abstract design of the sombreo print dress - if that made sense. And I love that chiffon paisley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for noticing - the echo of that pattern was deliberate!

      Delete
  8. Everybody can wear yellow - they just have to find the right shade - I LOVE YELLOW!!! And I'm so glad you love it now too!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Sarah - I was a real wimp in the past!

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary!!!! Oh, I am in love with the sombrero dress - I could take photos for you if you wanted to do a photo-shoot!?! I have a soft spot for paisley too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, the sombrero print is heavenly!!!!
    Sarah is right, anybody can wear yellow, it's just working out how! Can't figure how I missed this last few posts, but as I am often up my own arse, it isn't surprising!!!
    LOVED hanging with you on Friday!!! GOT to do it again!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!