Saturday, 10 August 2013

Her face is sans feature, but she wears a Dali brooch

I bought this blue diamond patterned dress over the 'net (pun intended).
It's still a bit wintry to wear it, even though July was our warmest July on record.
The orange and white brooch was made by Jo Howard, a talented Dunedin ceramic artist.
I've got half a dozen of her pieces, I like her work.
Although I'm more of a cat person, I seem to have inherited a few dogs.
A Staffordshire chimney ornament.
Dog staring adoringly at owner.
I think I know why so many men prefer dogs to cats.
This might be quite old, but probably not valuable as it is chipped.

Dogs on a motorbike!
How could I resist? 
For this hideousness I broke my own rule of not buying salt and pepper sets.

A Cadbury Bournville chocolate tin.
"Dignity and Impudence" by Sir Edwin Landseer.
There is a Cadbury factory here in Dunedin, but I don't know if it was bought here, as the tin is made in England.

Two Avon cologne bottles.
How bizarre - dog cologne?

A bulldog smoking toasted navy cut tobacco.
This is just wrong.

I'm not sure if this is a dog or a fox.


A cute wooden dachshund toy.
I have dozens of these glass animal Bols miniatures!
One day I may drink them.
 
Ta-ta for now,
Violet
XXX


4 comments:

  1. Scrumptious frock!! I love it with the ceramic brooch and I would recommend much stomach preparation before consuming the Bols ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!
      Here are some photos of Jo's work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johowardceramics/

      Delete
  2. Cool dress and brooch. I am a cat person too but I can see why you bought the dog items. The tin in particular is lovely. As for the dogs on the motorbike....I am not sure what to say! Hope you are having a great weekend. If you want to borrow the Modwinter book just let me know when we can meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the most amazing treasures to share! I LOVE that frock - its just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!