Sunday, 9 June 2013

Potential bag lady

Yesterday I went to the Vintage Roundup.
It was held in a tiny bar, jam-packed with vintage clothes and accessories.
I descended the stairs to the dungeon, which had stone walls and was so dark I could barely see.
Then I spotted this glorious bag.

Doing my best model style bitchface impression. As you can see, it is the middle of winter and freezing. At least my hydrangea is still in flower.
I accessorised the gorgeous beaded peacock bag ($5, but it needs new handles) with my teal Van Roli of Christchurch trench coat, green lurex skirt, paisley silk scarf, flowery socks and Cloudwalker shoes. Everything was second hand except the skirt, which I made, and the socks.
The Two Squirrels were at the fair with their lovely wares so I was so bold as to introduce myself. I was quite starstruck at their gorgeousness.
I've made lots of second-hand purchases lately, but I've been too busy and it's been too dark to photograph them, so I've pulled some more old bag pictures out of the archives.
 A floral Liberty style bag from the Hospice Shop.
 
 Beaded art deco deliciousness from Butterflies.
 
 Lovely soft lizard skin.
 
Blingy Oroton awesomeness.
I have lots more bags to photograph, so make sure you come back and visit.
 
Violet
XXX

9 comments:

  1. How exciting to get to the vintage fair & meet the Squirrels! Gee I do wish we lived in Dunedin. How I love that city. I love your bags too...I can't seem to get enough of old bags! I would love an entire wardrobe dedicated to them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever in Dunedin I would love to meet up!

      Delete
  2. Oh the Squirrels ARE a gorgeous pair, aren't they? I would love to meet Vanessa and Warren, they seem like the sweetest people.
    Love the beaded peacock bag - well, all of them actually. The lizard one is particularly smart. How great to see YOU on the blog too - more, please! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - self-portraits are so hard...

      Delete
  3. EEEEEEEEEEK!!! Lovely bag scores!
    I have a almost identical peacock bag!!!
    Love hydrangeas......X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had seen a similar one on someone's blog but I couldn't remember whose!

      Delete
  4. Woeeeeeeeeeeee Violet, I have fallen in love with all of them, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was following you, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I am now.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am following your lovely blog too!

      Delete

Don't be shy!