Saturday, 11 May 2013

Crown Lynn - Kiwiana pottery

Today I discovered some Crown Lynn pieces I didn't even know I had :
I inherited this seahorse wall pocket from my Mum.
I'm not sure which of my grandmothers she inherited it from - probably Dad's mother Ella.
 
 I found these little Golden Bouquet dessert bowls in a Milton op shop for $2 each.
I'm guessing they are from the 1950s, and I adore them.
 
A quintessentially 1970s side plate from the Hospice Shop.
 
 Yellow roses on a Kelston Potteries trio, $6.
 
 A green Ascot plate, "inspired" by Carlton Ware.
Found in my cupboard, op-shopped long ago.
A cute 1970s Ovenproof Cookware casserole, $5 from a Gore op shop.
 
If you're going to collect Crown Lynn, it pays to swot up on all the different back stamps.
They must have used hundreds.
 
Today, being Saturday, I had good intentions to save my money for a trip I'm taking to Hamilton. However I failed miserably at that, and bought a painting from my friend Mike, and this amazing book:
With bold needle and thread : adventures in vintage needlecraft, by Rosemary McLeod.
Luckily I only spent $8 in the Hospice shop.
Bad Violet!


6 comments:

  1. Oh yes those desert bowls are simply divine! Magical!! I'm very familiar with the Kelston Potteries set, nearly every home seemed to have that set, but I'm sure I'm exaggerating. I went to Kelston Girls High School. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - there was probably a law passed forcing everyone to buy it!

      Delete
  2. really a nice post:)

    LiLLy

    giallodinylon.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those 1950s roses, aren't they pretty? But the 70s stuff is great too. I am always coming across stuff I had forgotten about, often bought as gifts for friends, squirrelled away, and promptly forgotten! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love the gorgeous seahorse wall vase - and the light switch! The 70s floral plate calls my name...

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Last night a similar wall vase, in worse condition, sold on Trade Me for $163!

      Delete

Don't be shy!