Saturday, 5 January 2013

Wellington boots and all.

Warning : contains no boots, although Wellington has a lovely Minnie Cooper shop where I bought some shoes from a rude shop assistant who ignored me in favour of another customer.
I'm not sure if Welly's slogan (The coolest little capital in the world) refers to the weather or its fashionableness (is that even a word? Help me out someone.)
On my holiday in November I went a little crazy in the fabric shops, like a fashionista who has been at Scott Base for the last six months. This is the Arthur Toye shop:

I'm having trouble uploading photos from my computer so have had to devise a workaround by uploading them to Picasa first. Has anyone had the same experience?
To be continued,
Violet XXX


6 comments:

  1. My local fabric store! It's about 10 mins from my house:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous! But it would be too much temptation for me.

      Delete
  2. Yes, there is indeed a problem with loading pix on Blogger! I used Picasa as well.Hopefully it will sort itself out soon!
    I haven't been to Welly for a good year or more! It's such a great city to visit! I didn't know about that fabric shop though...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helgalicious. It's good to know it's not just me having problems with Blogger.

      Delete
  3. Oh geez I love Minnie Cooper shoes! I tried on a pair of green brogues in Ponsonby last year & I fell in love. They were on sale for $200 which is a bit steep for me. What is it with the cost of shoes in NZ? There are so many wonderful brands but they cost an arm & a leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have terrible feet and I find Ziera shoes really comfy but they're pricey. Some of their styles cross the line between retro and Nana though. I wish I could rock a high heel like Helga but I'd break my ankles!

      Delete

Don't be shy!