Sunday, 6 January 2013

Wellington boots and all - part 2.

Some more fabrilicious delights from my trip to Wellington, plus some from auctions and op shops:
Arthur Toye

Arthur again

Sherazad Silks

Sherazad Silks

Sherazad Silks

Sherazad Silks

Sherazad Silks

Sherazad Silks

Sherazad Silks

Some silks I bought from Arthur Toye, for scarves

Rayon from the Salvation Army

Local Auction

Local auction

Local auction

Local auction

Local auction

Local auction

Local auction

Japanese silk crepe from Lower Hutt Hospice Shop

Chiffon from Lower Hutt Hospice Shop

Rayon from Lower Hutt Hospice Shop

Knit from Lower Hutt fabric shop

Knit from Lower Hutt fabric shop

Polyester from Lower Hutt Hospice Shop

Mesh knit from Lower Hutt fabric shop

Laura Ashley type cotton sheets from Mosgiel op shop

1970s Vintage sheets (still in package!) from Trade Me

Rayon fabric from Toffs op shop
I am afraid to say I have become addicted to our local auction house. They have regular auctions on Wednesdays and sometimes I take the day off work so I can attend. Is there an Auctions Anonymous group I can join?
I have also found some amazing things in the Mosgiel op shops. Mosgiel is a suburb to the south of Dunedin where a lot of retirees live, so there are some real gems if you hunt long enough. I will show you some in a future blog post.

Toodle-oo,
Violet.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, so many incredible fabrics. I love wandering through my local fabric shop too. My imagination goes wild and I end up with piles of fabric and crazy plans to make it into wonderful things - some day.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!