Sunday, 2 December 2012

The Welling: an unexpected journey.

If Hobbits live in Hobbiton then Wellings must live in Wellington.
I was in our illustrious capital the week before the Hobbit preview and the excitement was building.
I op-shopped to my heart's content and raided a few fabric shops - lots of photos to show you in upcoming posts.
There was a brilliant exhibition in Te Papa of one man's collection of ceramics and metalware which he has gifted to the nation. His name is Walter Cook and I didn't have my camera on me but there are some on the link.
I think I even glimpsed two squirrels in Petone!
The airport terminal has a huge sign on it :"Middle of Middle Earth".

The luggage carousel has been appropriately transformed into Bag End.

Gollum is catching fish in the airport restaurant.

Gandalf knocks at the door of Bag End atop the Embassy Theatre.




A cute cafe in Petone called Sweet Pea.

Mmm, cupcakes

Risking my newly gluten-free status for a red velvet cupcake and cheese scone. Living dangerously.

Does this painting at Ti Kouka cafe remind you of a certain glamourous blogger?


Glorious retro kitsch at Meow Bar.


 
Sorry Trees that we didn't manage to meet up for a coffee but I know you're a very busy blogger.

Violet XXX.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there - glad you had a fun time in my wee city. Do let me know next time you're in town :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!