Saturday, 8 September 2012

Melbourne part 2.

The population of Melbourne is larger than lil' ol' New Zealand, so it should be no surprise that they have some great op shops. Here are some of my holiday souvenirs:
A flowery chiffon blouse with a painterly effect and a knit skirt.

An eighties dress in the twenties revival style, with a dropped waist and pleated skirt.
It's a lovely flowered and spotted crepe.
 
A casual shirt-dress with a geometric pattern.
The motifs vaguely remind me of seashells.
And vertical stripes are quite flattering.
 
I took the photos today - a warm blustery spring day.
It was fun trying to stop the skirts billowing out all over the place.
I needed weights in the hems like Her Maj.
I love the brick wall in the background - my house is over a hundred years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!